A 5 day, 4 night yacht sailing expedition on board the wonderful Qilak yacht.
Qilak is a quality, high comfort sailing yacht and is especially designed to meet the challenges of the North Atlantic. Guests will explore nature, wildlife, geology and the spectacular landscapes of West Iceland, including the Snæfellsnes National Park. Daily activities include bike tours or overland hikes, a visit to the Krauma nature baths and wildlife observation on land and sea. The amenities and service on board ensure that you enjoy quality R&R time on board.
Check out the available dates and join us on this epic introduction to the the wonders of West Iceland!
This unforgettable sailing tour offers singular opportunities for bird watching. The yacht will pass Látrabjarg, the largest bird cliff in Iceland, with its seabirds and puffins, and the endangered sea eagle is likely to soar above as we cross Breiðafjord. On land, the waders and passerines of Snæfellsnes will keep us company.
For bike enthusiasts, this is an exciting adventure and guests will have an opportunity to ride routes marked by sheep, troll (and even the occasional human!). All bike tours can be converted to hiking experiences.
At the end of the tour, we drive through the mystical Snæfellsnes peninsula to Reykjavík.
An extra visit to the erupting volcano can be arranged after the tour ends.
Qilak – the ultimate expedition yacht
Qilak is a 20m aluminium sailboat, especially designed to explore the polar regions in a manner respectful to the environment. She is fitted out with amenities that ensure the comfort and wellbeing of her guests, providing them with access to the wonders of the Arctic nature.
A retractable keel makes it possible to reach places inaccessible to larger ships, and a covered observational area provides shelter from the sometimes harsh Arctic elements.
There is plenty of room for fun and games: kayaks, jet tender and fishing gear are available on board.
The cozy living areas provide comfort and warmth, with a large dining table, 55” screen, library and a stove to ensure evening relaxation. Hot showers and a sauna take care of sore muscles after a day of adventure and activity.
Qilak welcomes small groups up to 8 guests and is the perfect setting for a personal adventure in the beauty of West Iceland.
Copyrights: Arctic Yachts
Guests arrive at the embarkation port at Ísafjörður (or Patreksfjörður, pending weather conditions) on the first day and sail to our first overnight anchorage. We follow the northwestern coastline of Iceland to Látrabjarg, crossing the Breiðafjörður Bay to Snæfellsnes, ending with a drive to Reykjavík on our last day. Optionally, guests can choose to sail to Reykjavík if weather conditions are favourable, at the Captain’s discretion. The details of the itinerary are adapted to weather conditions to ensure the safety, comfort and enjoyment of our guests, so we can seize every day to its fullest extent.
- Double occupancy cabins on board Qilak
- All services and meals for the duration of the tour
- On board guide at your disposal
- All day tours and equipment
- Transportation to and from embarkation and departure points
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Alcoholic beverages
- Crew Tips
- July 23rd – July 27th 2021
- Contact us for organizing private group tours – firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2500 €/person
- Minimum number of 6 guests required to confirm the tour
- Possibility of reserving the yacht exclusively to a smaller group.
For whom is the tour suitable?
- This tour is suitable for nature enthusiasts of all levels, no sailing experience required. Exclusive guidance and limited group size ensure the comfort and unique experience for all participants.
What to bring
- Comfortable indoor clothing
- Warm clothes for outdoor activities
- Hiking trousers (comfortable for walking, no jeans)
- Waterproof jacket
- Waterproof trousers
- Hiking boots
- Slippers or light sneakers for the interior
- Backpack for day tours
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Sunscreen and sunglasses