Experience the Reykjanes eruption on a state of the art e-mountainbike!
The volcano eruption in Geldingadalir on the Reykjanes Peninsula has captured the attention of both locals and travelers alike. Flocks of visitors have converged upon the wonderous site of the current eruption in Iceland, where new land is being created – and many visit again and again. As the eruption creates new sights every day, changing the landscape continuously, it is always a new destination to be visited, by foot – or on a mountain bike.
Sóti Summits offers bike enthusiasts a singular opportunity to experience nature’s creative forces in full force at the Reykjanes eruption by mountain bike. We provide state of the art Moustache Samedi 27 Race 9 Carbon 2020 mountain bikes on this guided tour to the site of the eruption.
No congested traffic, no parking trouble – just you, your bike and your enjoyment!
Min. participants: 2 pers.
Max. participants: 8 pers.
Want to request a private tour for your family/group?
Send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Electric mountainbike
- Experienced guide
- Transportation between N1 in Hafnarfjörður and trail head
What to bring
- Wind- and waterproof jacket and trousers
- Light backpack
- Snack and water
- Warm jumper or jacket for rest stops
- Hiking boots
Who can participate?
This tour fits people with some experience of mountain biking and can traverse rugged trails without difficulty.
Participants wil gather at N1 in Hafnarfjörður and travel by bus to the trail head where the adventure begins. We follow a trail that leads us through the landscape of Reykjanes peninsula to the site of the eruption. The trail is rocky and rugged and we will not cover distances quickly. it is however fairly even, with a slight ascent at the end, where we leave the bikes and explore the area for about an hour. Finally, we grab out bikes again and return to the trail head and our bus.
- Distance (total): 9 km
- Time spent biking (both ways): 2-2.5 hrs
- Time spent at site: 1 hr
- Total duration of tour: 4-5 hrs
- Friday 2. April (Gather 10AM at N1 Hafnafjörður)
- Sunday 4. April (Gather 10AM at N1 Hafnafjörður)
- 17.500 isk/pers.
- All staff wears face masks while in the vehicle.
- Guests wear a face masks while in the vehicle
- Car is disinfected after each tour
- Bikes are disinfected after each tour