A 5 day, 4 night expedition on board Qilak, a quality, high comfort sailing yacht that is especially designed to meet the challenges of the Arctic Ocean. Guests will explore Northwest Iceland‘s nature, wildlife and the uninhabited Hornstrandir Nature Reserve, while enjoying quality time on board this beautiful yacht.
Daily activities include hiking from fjord to fjord through ancient mountain passes, water sports in the frigid waters of the High North and nature observation on land and sea.
For a chance to sail around the most remote areas of Iceland to enjoy the amazing wildlife in the area secure your spot as soon as possible as availability is extremely limited!
The Hornstrandir Nature Reserve is totally uninhabited today. In the past its inhabitants braved the harsh weather conditions for generations and staked out an existence in the most inaccessible area of the country.
Hornstrandir have now been reclaimed by nature, and are a haven for Iceland´s only indigenous land mammal, the Arctic fox. There are no motorised vehicles allowed there and the only way to explore the spectacular nature of the region is by foot.
This is truly the Wild West of Iceland.
Qilak – the ultimate expedition yacht
Qilak is a 20m aluminium sailing boat, especially designed to explore the polar regions in a manner respectful to the environment. She is fitted out with amenities that ensure the comfort and wellbeing of her guests, providing them with access to the wonders of the Arctic nature.
A retractable keel makes it possible to reach places inaccessible to larger ships and a covered observational area provides shelter from the sometimes harsh Arctic elements.
There is plenty of space for fun and games, kayaks, jet tender, fishing gear, etc. available on board.
The cozy living areas provide comfort and warmth, with a large dining table, 55” screen, library and a stove to ensure evening relaxation, hot showers and a sauna to take care of sore muscles after a day of adventure and activity.
Qilak welcomes small groups up to 8 guests and is the perfect setting for a personal adventure in the beauty of West Iceland.
Copyrights: Arctic Yachts
Guests arrive to the embarkation port at Ísafjörður on the first day and we sail to our first overnight anchorage. The sailing route will take us from Ísafjörður over the deep waters of Ísafjarðardjúp to the northern bays of Hornstrandir. From there we will cruise along the northwestern coast of Iceland to Jökulfirðir (the Glacial fjords) and sail back to Ísafjörður on our last day. The details of the itinerary are adapted to weather conditions to ensure the safety, comfort and enjoyment of our guests, so we can seize every day to its fullest extent.
- Double occupancy cabins on board Qilak
- All services and meals for the duration of the tour
- On board guide at your disposal
- All day tours and equipment during the tour
- Transportation to and from embarkation and departure points
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Alcoholic beverages
- Crew Tips
- July 17th – July 21st 2021
- Contact us for organizing private group tours – firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1950 €/person
- Minimum number of 6 guests required to confirm the tour
- Possibility of reserving the yacht exclusively to a smaller group
For whom is the tour suitable?
- This tour is suitable for nature enthusiasts of all levels, no sailing experience required. Exclusive guidance and limited group size ensure the comfort and unique experience for all participants.
What to bring
- Comfortable indoor clothing
- Warm clothes for outdoor activities
- Hiking trousers (comfortable for walking, no jeans)
- Waterproof jacket
- Waterproof trousers
- Hiking boots
- Slippers or light sneakers for the interior
- Backpack for day tours
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
Photo credit: Arthur Smeets