Iceland is truly a world-class destination for backcountry skiing. Vertical descents of up to 1500m or almost 5000ft, leading all the way down to the Arctic ocean. This three-day backcountry ski adventure is perfect for those who want to enjoy the magic of the Troll Peninsula under the guidance of an experienced ski guide.
Sóti Lodge is hugged by majestic mountains, so there is no need to go far from the lodge to find your perfect slope. A nourishing breakfast provides the fuel for mountain adventures, and after a good day of skiing, we make sure you get to relax with a hot beverage or a cold beer while sharing stories from the day’s adventure. Each room has a private bathroom and shower, and of course, the geothermal swimming pool is just a few steps from the lodge for all to enjoy.
On this trip, we will ski the three main fjords, Skagafjörður, Siglufjörður, and Ólafsfjörður.
We start the first day with a ski touring in Fljótin, close perimeter to Sóti Lodge. Magnificent valleys cut into this fjord, making it the perfect ski touring area
In the evenings we offer a three-course dinner with locally sourced ingredients.
Backcountry skiing and a stay at Sóti Lodge are the perfect ingredients for a truly memorable experience.
Our goal at the end of each trip is to make sure our guests feel re-nourished in body and soul, physically tired and emotionally energized after good days in the mountains.
- All meals for the duration of the trip (from dinner at arrival to lunch on your last day)
- Experienced mountain guide
- High-quality accommodation at Sóti Lodge
- Access to the local geothermal swimming pool (only a few steps from the lodge)
- Backcountry skis and equipment (skins, backpack, helmet, poles, shoes)
- Alcoholic beverages
- 26.-28. February (Open for group booking – Individual bookings go on a waiting list – )
- 12.-14. March (Open for group booking – Individual bookings go on a waiting list – firstname.lastname@example.org )
- 12.-14. April (Open for individual bookings )
- 14.-16. May (Open for individual bookings )
- 85.000 isk per person – With two in a room
- 110.000 isk per person – Single/private room
- Do you want to arrange a private trip for your group/family? Drop us a line at email@example.com
For whom is this trip suitable?
- This trip is suitable for everyone in good physical condition and intermediate backcountry skiers. The ski guide will make sure that the speed and slopes fit everyone in the group.
What to bring
- Backcountry skis (Skis or split-board) and equipment (skins, crampons, poles, helmet, googles)
- Avalanche equipment (Shovel, pole, beacon – make sure it works and has fresh batteries)
- Backpack (min. 32l, w/ski-carrying system)
- Wind- and waterproof jacket
- Wind- and waterproof pants
- Woolen underwear
- Gloves (thick and thin gloves)
- Water bottle
16:00 – 18:00: Gather at Sóti Lodge
18:00: Meeting with your guide. Talk about days ahead, weather, and gear
10:00: Departure (packed lunch in a backpack)
10:30: Avalanche safety training
11:00: Departure to the mountains. The mountains that surround the Fljótin region are our destination. The valley has been known to hold some of the best snow – our goal is the find the best slopes.
16:00: Arrival at Sóti Lodge. Free time to relax in the pool after a good day in the mountains.
18:00: Meeting with a guide, covering the day and tomorrow.
10:00: Departure (Lunch packed in a backpack)
11:00: Departure to the mountains of Siglufjordur, our goal is to ski from the fjord over the mountains and back to Fljotin.
14:00: Arrival at Sóti Lodge – Packing
Cancellation policy & refund protocol
Cancellation- & refund policy is:
- 100 % refund if the trip is canceled due to disease control decisions or sickness connected to COVID-19
- 80 % refund if the trip is canceled with more than 7-day notice
- 50 % refund if the trip is canceled with more than 72-hour notice
- No refund if the trip is canceled with less than 72-hour notice
If the trip is canceled due to weather you have these options:
- Full refund
- Trip moved to another date
- The trip is changed to work with the weather