A 5 day, 4 night expedition on board Qilak, a quality, high comfort sailing yacht, especially designed to meet the challenges of the Arctic Ocean. Guests will explore North Iceland’s nature, wildlife, geology and the communities along the Arctic coastline, while enjoying quality time on board this beautiful yacht.
Daily activities include opportunities for visiting the geological wonders of the Mid-Atlantic rift, hiking the old routes between the settlements of the High North and nature observation on land and sea.
If you are up for an adventure we recommend you check out the tour dates and join us on this epic one time only cruise!
The Arctic coast of North Iceland offers a natural playground for the active traveller. All along the coastline visitors have accessibility to harbours that provide opportunities for diverse activities, unsurpassed views and vistas, bird watching and marine wildlife encounters.
The villages along the coast provide quaint scenarios for evening strolls and intermingling with locals, as well as artisan products and food.
Several protected areas are open for exploration and we will see various examples of the geological forces that have shaped the island.
Qilak – the ultimate expedition yacht
Qilak is a 20m aluminium sailing boat, especially designed to explore the polar regions in a manner respectful to the environment. She is fitted out with amenities that ensure the comfort and wellbeing of her guests, providing them with access to the wonders of the Arctic nature.
A retractable keel makes it possible to reach places inaccessible to larger ships and a covered observational area provides shelter from the sometimes harsh Arctic elements.
There is plenty of space for fun and games, kayaks, jet tender, fishing gear, etc. available on board.
The cozy living areas provide comfort and warmth, with a large dining table, 55” screen, library and a stove to ensure evening relaxation, hot showers and a sauna to take care of sore muscles after a day of adventure and activity.
Qilak welcomes small groups up to eight (8) guests and is the perfect setting for a personal adventure in the beauty of the North Iceland landscapes.
Guests arrive to the embarkation port at Húsavík on the first day for a tour of Skjálfandi Bay. The sailing route will take us from Húsavik along the Arctic coastline of Iceland, exploring bays, fjords and coastal villages along the way. The details of the itinerary are changeable and adapted to weather conditions to ensure the comfort and enjoyment of our guests, so we can seize every day to its fullest extent.
- Double occupancy cabins on board Qilak
- All services and meals for the duration of the tour
- On board guide at your disposal
- All day tours and equipment during the tour
- Transportation to and from embarkation and departure points
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Alcoholic beverages
- Crew Tips
- July 11th – July 15th 2021
- Contact us for organizing private group tours – email@example.com
- 2150 €/person
- Minimum number of 6 guests required to confirm the tour
- Possibility of reserving the yacht exclusively to a smaller group.
For whom is the tour suitable?
- This tour is suitable for nature enthusiasts of all levels, no sailing experience required. Exclusive guidance and a limited group size ensure the comfort and unique experience for all participants.
What to bring
- Comfortable indoor clothing
- Warm clothes for outdoor activities
- Hiking trousers (comfortable for walking, no jeans)
- Waterproof jacket
- Waterproof trousers
- Hiking boots
- Slippers or light sneakers for the interior
- Backpack for day tours
- Hiking poles (optional)
- Sunscreen and sunglasses