Do you want to experience nature and landscape from a whole new perspective? Do you dream of having a unique adventure with close friends – or an opportunity to bond with fellow travelers and establish new friendships? Would you like to get away and immerse yourself in the spectacular beauty of North Iceland, rowing in arctic waters among seabirds and seals?
If so, this is your chance – a four day sea kayak course in North Iceland.
An adventure at sea
The course is designed both for beginners to the kayak sport, as well more experienced kayakers who want to add to their skills. The course will cover the basic rowing techniques, rescues and how best to take care of the kayak and the equipment needed for the sport. Part of the course takes place indoors, however participants will mainly be spending their time at sea. There, they will row between sites and along fjords as the weather permits, during which unique opportunities will open up for immersion in the tranquil coastline nature.
This is an exciting offer for women and men who have a thirst for adventure, as well as a longing to gain insights into the kayak sport in Iceland. In the evenings, guests enjoy the ambiance and companionship in a setting of quality accommodation, personal service and delicious cuisine.
The course is perfect for friends, hobby groups and workplaces – in essence, any group that wants to nurture a sense of common experience and achievement.
The availability is subject to weather conditions.
Deposit (non-refundable unless the course is canceled): 20%
Included in the price:
- Course instructor and course material
- Kayak, dry suit, and all equipment
- Three nights accommodation
- All meals during the course (from dinner on the first evening until lunch on the day of departure)
- Quality accommodation at the country hotel Sóti Lodge, private bathroom and shower
- Admittance to the swimming pool at Sólgarðar (next door to Sóti Lodge)
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Alcoholic beverages
- 8th – 11th September 2022
- Specific dates can be organized, please send an inquiry to email@example.com
Price: (min.6, max.8 persons)
- 110.000 Isk per person (double occupancy)
- 135.000 Isk per person (private occupancy)
- Would you like to organize a private tour?
Send us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can participate?
- Kayaking beginners, as well as those with more experience who want to improve their technique.
What to bring
- Warm clothes under the kayak gear
- Wind- and waterproof jacket
- Wind and waterproof trousers
- Woolen underwear
- Woolen sweater/Primaloft jacket
- Water bottle
Cancellation policy & refund protocol
- 100 % refund if the trip is cancelled due to disease control decisions or sickness connected to COVID-19
- 80 % refund if the trip is cancelled with more than 7-day notice
- 50 % refund if the trip is cancelled with more than 72-hour notice
- No refund if the trip is cancelled with less than 72-hour notice
Cancellations because of weather conditions:
- Full refund
- Tour moved to another date
- Tour itinerary changed to work with the weather