Sóti Summits offers a spectacular four day sea kayak course during Iceland’s birding season!
Springtime in Iceland is when our migratory birds come home to nest and the air is full of birdsong. Along the coastline, our seabirds start nesting and the cliffs teem with life. We offer you to experience this beautiful season in an unforgettable way – sea kayaking in Iceland, learning the tricks of cutting gracefully though the waves. This is truly a unique and unforgettable adventure.
An adventure at sea
The course is designed both for beginners to the kayak sport, as well more experienced kayakers who want to add to their skills. The course will cover basic paddling techniques, rescues and how best to take care of the kayak and the equipment needed for the sport. Part of the course takes place indoors, however participants will mainly be spending their time at sea. There, they will paddle between points of interest and along fjords, among nesting birds and columnar basalt, during which unique opportunities will open up for immersion in the tranquil natural coastline.
This is an exciting offer for people who want to travel in a new way, work with the natural elements and observe Iceland’s nature and wildlife up close. In the evenings, course participants enjoy quality services and delicious cuisine offered at Sóti Lodge, at the tip of Troll peninsula.
Sea kayaking in Iceland is perfect for friends, hobby groups and workplaces – in essence, any group that wants to nurture a sense of common experience and achievement.
Deposit (non-refundable unless the course is canceled): 20%
Included in the price:
- Course instructor and course material
- Kayak, drysuit, and all equipment
- Three nights accommodation
- All meals during the course (from dinner on the first evening until lunch on the day of departure)
- Quality accommodation at the country hotel Sóti Lodge, private bathroom and shower
- Admittance to the Barðslaug swimming pool (next door to Sóti Lodge)
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Alcoholic beverages
- 2.-5. June 2023
- Enquiries and group bookings to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Price: (6-8 persons)
- 110.000 Isk per person (double occupancy)
- 135.000 Isk per person (private occupancy)
Who can participate?
- Kayaking beginners, as well as those with more experience who want to improve their technique.
What to bring
- Warm clothes under the drysuit
- Woolen underwear
- Woolen sweater/Primaloft jacket (not down or cotton)
- Water bottle