Do you want to experience nature and landscape from a whole new perspective? Do you dream of having a unique adventure with close friends – or an opportunity to bond with fellow travelers and establish new friendships? Would you like to get away and immerse yourself in the spectacular beauty of North Iceland, rowing in arctic waters among seabirds and seals?
This is your chance – a specialized course in sea kayaking, under the leadership of Veiga Grétarsdóttir, a renowned transgender athlete who kayaked counterclockwise around Iceland against the Gulf Stream, as documented in the film Against the stream (“Á móti straumnum“).
The course is designed both for beginners to the sport of kayaking as well more experienced kayakers who want to add to their skills. The course will cover the basic rowing techniques, rescues and how best to take care of the kayak and the equipment needed for the sport. Part of the course takes place indoors, but participants will mainly be spending their time at sea, where they row between sites and along fjords as the weather permits, offering unique opportunities for immersion in the tranquil coastline nature.
The course is perfect for friends, hobby groups and workplaces – in essence, any group that wants to nurture a sense of common experience and achievement.
The availability is subject to weather conditions.
Deposit (non-refundable unless the course is canceled): 15.000 Isk per person
Included in the price:
- Course instructor and course material
- Kayak, dry suit and all equipment
- Three nights accommodation
- All meals during the course (from dinner on the first evening until lunch on the day off departure)
- Quality accommodation at Sóti Lodge
- Admittance to the swimming pool at Sólgarðar (next door to Sóti Lodge)
- Alcoholic beverages
- May 13.-16.
- Further dates to be announced
- Specific dates can be organised, please send an inquiry to email@example.com
Verð: (min. 8 persons)
- 110.000 Isk per person (double occupancy)
- 135.000 Isk per person (private occupancy)
- Would you like to organize a private tour?
Send us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fyrir hverja er ferðin?
- Kayaking beginners those with more experience who want to improve their technique.
What to bring
- Warm clothes under the kayak gear
- Wind- and waterproof jacket
- Wind and waterproof trousers
- Woolen underwear
- Woolen sweater/Primaloft jacket
- Water bottle
Cancellation policy & refund protocol
- 100 % refund if the trip is canceled due to disease control decisions or sickness connected to COVID-19
- 80 % refund if the trip is canceled with more than 7-day notice
- 50 % refund if the trip is canceled with more than 72-hour notice
- No refund if the trip is canceled with less than 72-hour notice
If the trip is canceled due to weather you have these options:
- Full refund
- Trip moved to another date
- The trip is changed to work with the weather