Join us in 2024 for a unique ski touring adventure on board the lovingly-restored oak boat Örkin.
Sóti Summits is proud to offer a spectacular, six-day ski touring adventure in the secluded Hornstrandir nature reserve. Pristine slopes await, with your accommodation beckoning after your descent from summit to shoreline. This is an exclusive trip with limited availability, so be sure to get in touch today!
The peninsula of Hornstrandir is like no other. Covering about 580 square kilometers, it is a vast, mountainous tundra interrupted by deep fjords and glacial valleys. No motor vehicles, helicopters or airplanes exist here, so if you’re looking for tranquility, remoteness and mindful adventure, this is the place to ski.
Skiing from fjord to fjord, we may encounter Iceland’s only indigenous mammal, that is, the Arctic fox. Hornstrandir has been uninhabited since the mid-20th century, and is now a haven for these playful animals. Here they roam free – as you will, skiing among the pristine mountains and coastal valleys.
Accommodation for explorers
The oak boat Örkin has been beautifully restored, and now provides comfortable accommodation for Hornstrandir explorers. All amenities are included, with generous breakfasts and tasty meals to ensure strength for the days ski touring. During downtime, there are perfect opportunities to make use of the on-board SUP’s, or enjoy quiet moments on deck. You can even try a fortifying dip in the ice cold waters of the Westfjords peninsula!
May be subject to change based on weather and other variables
- Day 1: Meet at Ísafjörður harbour at 11:00. After a quick safety briefing we head over to the remote fjords of Hornstrandir and anchor in a secluded cove. Perhaps we can squeeze in a quick ski run before dinner!
- Day 2-5: We tackle exciting fjord-to-fjord journeys, while crossing the incomparable wilderness of this untouched corner of Iceland. If opportunities arise, we may ski some of the steep couloirs straight down to the fjord.
- Day 6: Take on your final run before motoring back to Ísafjörður. Back in harbour in time for the afternoon domestic flight out.
- 5 nights accommodation on board Örkin
- All meals throughout the trip
- Safety briefing on day 1
- Small groups with a highly experienced ski guide
- Down day activities
*Skis, skins and ski crampons can be provided, additional charges apply
*Avalanche safety equipment (beacon, probe and shovel) can be provided, additional charges apply
Scheduled Departure Dates:
7th-12th April 2024
14th-19th April 2024
21st-26th April 2024
28th April-3rd May 2024
€3500 per person (double occupancy)
Please note that when booking this experience through our website, the amount shown is a 20% deposit only. This is non-refundable, and the full amount will be due prior to departure. Please get in touch for other ways to book, or more information on our booking conditions.