Take a break with family and friends – experience both tranquility and exhilaration in Troll peninsula!
Fljótin, at the tip of Troll peninsula are blessed with a singular beauty. The Arctic ocean strokes the coastline, while the majestic mountain ridges watch over the soft farmland and grassy meadows. Heath blossoms nod to travelers who traverse the mountain passes from Fljótin to neighboring fjords and settlements on the Troll peninsula. Sóti Lodge is at the heart of this landscape, and offers access to deep valleys and spectacular views to mountain vistas. Peace reigns here, while the majestic views offer a promise of adventures to come. Ancient trails of man and well-trodden paths of sheep provide hiking and biking trails ensconced in nature and open to all. The nearest settlement at Siglufjörður also offers beautiful bike routes for beginners and experienced bikers alike.
This offer combines a memorable evening at Sóti Lodge in the tranquil region of Fljótin and an exhilarating day tour on a state-of-the-art e-mountain bike. We will explore the inner valleys and hills of Siglufjörður in a way that connects all ages and all levels of biking experience.
This is an unforgettable experience for families and friends – and the perfect break from a road trip around Iceland.
- Quality lodging at Sóti Lodge, private bathroom and shower
- Gourmet three course dinner
- Experienced mountain bike guide
- Access to Barðslaug (a local geothermal pool next door to Sóti Lodge))
- Quality e-bike and helmet- See here
- Light snack
- All days from July 1st through August 2021
Price (min 2 pers/tour)
- 37.900 isk/pers – Double room
- 49.900 isk/pers – Single room
- Would you like a private tour for your group? – Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What to bring
- Light backpack
- Biking shoes or hiking boots
- Wind- and waterproof jacket
- Wind- and waterproof trousers
- Warm clothes
- Water bottle
14:00 – 16:00: Arrival at Sóti Lodge
16:00 – 19:30: Relaxation, short stroll in neighborhood, swimming pool next door to Sóti Lodge
19:30: Three course dinner at Sóti Lodge
08:00 – 09:30: Breakfast
09:30: Drive to Siglufjörður – meet at the office of Sóti Summits at Suðurgata 10 for bike tour
10:00: Start of bike tour – See tour description here
13:00: End of bike tour – departure from Siglufjörður
A perfect option is to lengthen your stay in Fljótin by adding to your nights at Sóti. Fljótin and surroundings offer a multitude of opportunities for activities and recreation that you can read about here.